Hello everyone~~~~ How’s your week going?
Mine has been pretty slow but definitely relaxing:) I had time to go through my makeup collection – just taking them out, admiring and putting them back into my makeup box teehee I believe fellow makeup junkies can understand this 100% 😛
Anyway, moving on to the topic of today’s blogpost – as you know, Sephora Singapore will be having a 20% Black Card Member sale from 5-8 May 2016, so I figured I wanted to share my thoughts on some of the eyeshadow palettes which you might be eyeing on.
If you have been stalking Instagram and Youtube, you will see a lot of people raving about the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette, Too Faced Peach Palette, Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette and Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette. So what’s all the hype about? Is it worth buying? Do you need a new eyeshadow palette?
Fret not, allow me to break down of my thoughts of these palettes:) And hopefully, you can gain some insights about it and decide which one is for you:)
Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons
- Great quality – pigmented and smooth
- Cute packaging and smells like chocolate (makes me and you happy instantly)
- Worth the price – SGD76 for 16 eyeshadows
Too Faced Peach Palette
It is pretty much similar to the Chocolate Bon Bons, except it smells like peaches and not chocolate. So which should you get? Do you need both? The answer is yes, if you are an eyeshadow junkie like me! Simply because, this palette is Limited Edition (and yup, I heard it’s sold out islandwide at the moment). But if you are just looking for a new eyeshadow palette, I would say just get the Chocolate Bon Bons because
1. Stocks are readily available
2. The limited edition hype (Peach palette) will disappear once something new launches
3. The shades are both super wearable on a daily basis, so both palettes will get you through the week. So why stress over an OOS limited edition product when the Chocolate Bon Bons is right in front of you?
I hope no one will get the wrong idea here. I LOVE BOTH CHOCOLATE BON BONS AND PEACH PALETTE. But I’m just trying to help some people decide which palette to get next:)
Ok, how about Tarte’s Tartelette In Bloom palette? (vs. Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons)
Personally, I’m currently obsessed with the Tartelette In Bloom palette (SGD72)! The eyeshadows are super pigmented! My favorite shades are definitely ‘Firecracker’, ‘Rebel’ and ‘Leader’. In my opinion, both Tartelette In Bloom and Chocolate Bon Bons [‘Molasses Chip’, ‘Mocha’ and ‘Bordeux’] can give you the same makeup look.
- Tartelette In Bloom has more matte shades than Chocolate Bon Bons, but having said that, Chocolate Bon Bons has more shimmery shades. I feel you can create more eye makeup looks with it. So if you like to add shimmers to your eye makeup look, I would recommend getting the Chocolate Bon Bons, just so you can play around more. But if you like to keep your makeup look simple, two matte shades to add a little dimension to your eyes, then go for the Tartelette In Bloom.
- In terms of quality, I think I have to say the Tartelette In Bloom has a slight bit upper-hand than the Chocolate Bon Bons. The eyeshadows in the palette are more consistent. Whereas, one of the shades in Chocolate Bon Bons was a little patchy on me, sadly:( I’ve heard other people experiencing it too (but I could have gotten a bad one, who knows? **Let me know if you are experiencing this too!)
- Both packaging are stunning but Too Faced definitely stole my heart on the cute little heart shapes. But if packaging doesn’t matter to you, go for the Tartelette In Bloom:)
Oh, how about the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette?
Well for me, this palette has been out for a pretty long time already! I’ll say skip this if you are looking for something newly released. But if you are on a budget, GET THIS! This palette is super versatile, you have your neutrals; ‘Substitute For Love’ and ‘Freshly Toasted’. To create a different look, ‘Warm Notes’ is right there for you. Overall, the quality of the eyeshadows are really good. The palette is super affordable (SGD32.99). I would pay more for this if they changed it to a super luxe and sturdy packaging. On the bad side, there’s no mirror and it’s pretty much like a cardboard. But what more can you ask for if you are paying only SGD3.30 for each eyeshadow?!
To summarize, if you are deciding between the Chocolate Bon Bons or Peach palette, get the Chocolate Bon Bons because it’s cute, versatile and stocks are readily available. Whereas, if you are deciding between the Tartelette In Bloom and Chocolate Bon Bons, get the Tarte palette because the consistency of the eyeshadows are slightly better. And if you are on a budget, don’t worry! you can create similar looks with the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette:)
I hope this helps those who are still deciding which palette to get, especially since they are pretty much similar in many ways etc. These are just some of my personal opinions so please do not take it negatively if you disagree with me or think that another palette is better or I didn’t recommend your holy grail eyeshadow palette. Feel free to share your thoughts/ experience with me, as I would love to know what you think too!
Catch me either in the comments down below or on my Instagram @beautywithcal 😀
P.S If you are an eyeshadow junkie like me, just get them all. They are all really good! Definitely worth every penny! Oh, and have you read my previous post on this fragrance brand called “CLEAN Reserve” that just launched in Sephora SG?
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. All products were purchased and tested by me. All opinions stated are mine.
Don’t just leave yet….
Watch my video on Monolid Red Tone Eye Makeup | Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette here 🙂
Read more here…
Givenchy’s latest Rouge Interdit Vinyl lipstick? Check that out here!
Day Time Skincare Routine For Oily Skin Types ft. Avene, SKII, Nature Republic & Laneige ~ Click here to read more!
How to: Foundation Routine for Oily Skin ~ Click here to read more!
UPDATED: Swatches + Mini Reviews of H&M Beauty – Twilight Rose Eye Color palette, High Impact eyeshadows and Cream Lipstick in Cream Chestnut ~ Click here to read more!